Tuesday, September 11, 2012

As an art teacher, I want my students to be able to express freely whatever they feel distinctly passionate about in their own lives dealing with their personal lives, their experiences, society, or any other aspect of the world that impacts them directly.  I hope that they might find art making fun, while I also have lofty expectations of them to help them grow as both people and artists in life. 

I want my students to enjoy what they are doing with their art practice.  I want them to try new things and to explore the limitations of their work and go even further to push the limits of what they imagined to be possible.  Eventually, I want to help my students move forward with their art career by showing them how to survive as an artist in the world, or how to further their education by helping them scope out a related profession and guide them in preparation to achieve this higher level of art. 

No comments:

Post a Comment