Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Digital technology is the unique characteristic of our lifetime.  We have the ability to have our tools do work for us, opening the possibilities to express ourselves in more ways and with greater resources.  Technology has also made our world faster and information more accessible but as technology changes, we must relearn and reapply to what we already know.  

I already use technology a lot in my life when dealing with my own artwork.  I use many 3D modeling programs and have used 2D drawing and styling programs as well.  I document my work and stole it mostly digitally and display my work online for people to see.  I have had to learn much of this technology practice on my own through the years and I appreciate the value of this knowledge so that one day I can pass it on to my students.

 I believe that, as a teacher, I should be able to help my students on the path to become a practicing artist in the world through means of spreading their work on the internet, creating a professional website to share ideas and images, and using digital technology to document and preserve the legacy of their work.  This will bring them into the heard of the art community and world and give them a foothold in their own endeavors to continue art practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment